Chinanews, Beijing, June 14 – At a press conference held last Saturday, the Institute of Archeology of Guangdong Province disclosed alarming news: there might be some other ancient sunken vessels lying at the bottom of the South China Sea, where the Nanhai No.2 was discovered. The China Underwater Archeological Center issued a report to say that there might be some 2,000 ancient sunken vessels in the South China Sea area, the People's Daily reported.On June 9, a news briefing was held for the Nanhai No.2. At the briefing, officers with the local border police station in Nan'ao played a video to the public showing policemen confiscating antiques taken away by local fishermen in Sandianjin. Altogether policemen found 138 pieces of ancient porcelain.“The confiscated antiques are not all made in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644),” said Shang Jie, an archeological expert at the Institute of Archeology of Guangdong Province. In the video, he saw a piece of brown porcelain painted with dragon patterns.“Its color and the patterns show that it was made in a different time from those that were made in the Ming Dynasty. This porcelain might be made in the Song (960-1279) or Yuan (1279-1368) Dynasty,” Shang said.When the Nanhai No.2 was salvaged, archeologists found some porcelain shreds marked with 'made in Ming Dynasty'. From these marks, archeologists presume that the sunken vessel was made in the Wanli Reign Year of the Ming Dynasty, or about 400 years ago.Other experts also agreed with Shang Jin.Wei Jun, a Ph.D holder who works at the Institute of Archeology of Guangdong Province, said that plenty of blue-and-white porcelain had been found on the Nanhai No.2. However, among these porcelains, experts had also found some made in the Song and Yuan Dynasties. There must be a reason to explain why the porcelains made in Song and Yuan Dynasty were placed side by side with those made in the Ming Dynasty. If all these porcelains were found in the same place, then it might be possible that there were some other sunken vessels in the same area and these vessels were built at an even earlier time, he said.An expert said that they had obtained some reliable resource which showed that a vessel made in the Qing Dynasty was buried in the Nan'ao coastal area.
查询谷 - www.chaxungu.com
2,000 ancient vessels likely under S.China Sea
编辑:chaxungu时间:2022-10-13 01:07:33分类:英语新闻
最新文章
- 2022-12-06Sports host to tackle rumours
- 2022-12-06Zheng/Yan battle through to quarterfinals
- 2022-12-06Federer wins third Australian Open title
- 2022-12-06Chinese athletes will have a hard time winning golds in '08
- 2022-12-06AC Milan wins Champions League in Athens
- 2022-12-06Young Chinese snooker stars break into big time
- 2022-12-06Li wins 2nd gold for China in Military World Games
- 2022-12-06研究:多锻炼让你青春永驻